This September, we will be making a return to the 2019 Lauritzen Gardens Antique Show in Omaha, Nebraska!
At the Show we will display a vast library of leather-bound antique books from the 19th & 20th centuries, including collected sets in fine binding and first and rare editions, covering topics from classic American & English literature, world history, exploration & travel, art, and much more. We invite collectors, designers, and first time buyers to meet us and learn more about the world of historical fine art and rare books! Old friends and returning clients are, of course, welcome too: we'd love to see you at Booth #29!
The Lauritzen Gardens Antiques Show is a one-of-a-kind cultural event. The show’s four days bring high quality antique exhibitors, renowned designers and educational opportunites to Omaha. Under the leadership of our honorary chairs, Cindy Bay and Mary Seina, the show has grown in stature to become one of the region’s most anticipated events and unique experiences.
- The show has captured the imagination of more than 70,000 people and has grown to provide the garden with an important and steady source of revenue, netting more than $7.3 million in just fifteen years.
- The show is a significant revenue source for the garden, as well as an important opportunity to attract new donors and steward through benefactors. Proceeds from the show accounted for more than 25% of the total contributed income for Lauritzen Gardens. The funds support operation and maintenance of the garden.
- Great things happen when you bring people together. Our volunteers work as a team to create the vision of our chairs and committees. They are all dedicated to the same goal of supporting Lauritzen Gardens through the Antiques Show. Bonded by friendship, fun and philanthropy, they return year after year.
- The show offers a one-of-a-kind collector’s experience not found elsewhere in the region. Showcasing more than 30 exhibitor booths, the show represents both international and domestic dealers with beautiful and affordable examples of museum quality antiques.
- Educational opportunities throughout the weekend include: free daily Antique Academy sessions, an ASID accredited design class, and a Sunday cooking demonstration with a local chef.
- Past luncheon lecturers include: Jeffrey Bilhuber, Alessandra Branca, Martyn Laurence Bullard, Lady Henrietta Spencer-Churchill, Shane Connolly, Barry Dixon, Sophie Donelson, Charles Faudree, Alexa Hampton, India Hicks, Alex Hitz, Kathryn Ireland, Thomas Jayne, The Keno Brothers, Mary McDonald, Judith Miller, Charlotte Moss, Miles Redd, Suzanne Rheinstein, Markham Roberts, Carolyne Roehm, Mark D. Sikes, P. Allen Smith, Steven Stolman, Jay Strongwater, Carleton Varney and Bunny Williams.
The Antique Show will run the weekend of September 19-22nd, 2019 at Lauritzen Gardens in Omaha, NE. The Show's Preview Party (reservations required) runs Thursday, September 19th from 6-9:00 PM, and the show opens to the public from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd.